Affinda's solutions have been designed as a 'human-in-the-loop' solution to ensure that data extracted from our platform has 100% accuracy. We recommend that users validate the information extracted by our AI models via our Validation Interface, which creates a feedback loop that allows the models to learn and improve over time.
The standard workflow we recommend customers implement is a simple four-stage process that ensures accurate and continually improving data.
- Upload - invoice is uploaded via API or our web app for parsing
- Extract - Affinda's AI models will predict the various data fields within the invoice
- Validate - a 'human in the loop' validates the data extracted by the model and makes any corrections necessary. Rules are created to reduce the amount of human intervention required, by auto-validating fields if they are above a defined confidence threshold or other rules. The human-validated data is fed back into the model for re-training to improve accuracy over time
- Export - once a human has validated all of the required fields, data is exported typically via JSON file into the customer platform for further processing
Using the solution
To reduce the amount of validation time needed to validate invoices, we recommend that customers first adjust their settings so that only the fields they need are validated and a sensible auto-validation threshold is set.
Uploading and validating documents
Documents can be uploaded via our easy-to-use API, or directly via our web app. Once uploaded, the extraction predictions that our AI model has made can be reviewed and validated using our intuitive interface. The video below demonstrates how easy and fast it is to validate invoices using the tool.
All of the corrections made within the Validation Interface can be fed back into your own tailored model that will begin to recognise common supplier invoice formats and ultimately reduce the amount of time spent processing invoices.
Once an invoice is validated and the data is 100% correct, you can export the data via our API, or download it in JSON, XML or Excel format using our web app.
Customers can use the invoice solution in two ways:
- Web app - documents can be uploaded directly to the web app or added to the document list via API. Validation of documents occurs within the web app and the data can then be exported by selecting which documents to export, or via API.
- Embedded mode - Affinda's Invoice Extractor can be embedded within a customer's platform. Documents and data are sent via API and the Validation Interface is embedded into the platform as an iFrame. For more information about embedded mode, see Embedding the Validation Interface.
Affinda offers a no-obligation trial for users to test our products and see them in action. For more information on setting up an account to test and see the solution in action, see our Quick Start Guide.